Last Modified: 3/23/2020
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties, or become aware of information about you that is publicly available.
In addition to this information, we use automated systems to collect certain web site usage data. This collection and the uses of this data are described in more detail in the next section.
- Use of information. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Site, as well as to communicate directly with you, including to send you email messages and, in some circumstances, phone calls regarding an order. We may from time to time send promotional and marketing email communications. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions included in each such message.
- Methods of collection and types of data collected. We, and our third party partners, may automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Site, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, such as cookies (collectively, “tracking technologies”). For example, we may collect information such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Site, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our Site, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Site, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, and other actions you take on the Site. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Site and to understand more about the demographics of our Site visitors.
- Use of data collected. We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Site; (d) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (e) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Site. Data collected is not used for any purpose that is not related to our own marketing and sales efforts; order fulfilment; or maintenance or improvement of our own Site.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Site. You may not be able to delete or block all cookies. Deleting cookies does not delete Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Control Over Your Information” section below.
We may share your personal information with:
- Third parties at your request;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf;
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
4. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
How to control your communications preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications, or by contacting us directly at the email address below. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests.
Modifying or deleting your information: If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
5. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Data storage and transfer: Your information collected through our website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Company or its service providers maintain facilities.
Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your information and use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through our website. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Company does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 16 on this Site. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
7. YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CERTAIN DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
You may reside in a state or country that has adopted enhanced privacy protections for consumers. While we strive to conform our information gathering, storage and usage practices to the requirements of all jurisdictions in which our users are located, these are some of the particular steps we take to comply with such regulations. In particular, we believe that our privacy practices are in compliance with Massachusetts law and with the California Consumer Privacy Act.
We have been advised that other countries, including but not limited to European Economic Area countries, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and India, have adopted strict privacy protections. However, we are not able to do business with persons located outside of the United States. Therefore, our Sites, goods and services are for the use of persons located in the United States only. If you are located outside of the United States and have provided personal information to the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may remove your information from our system.
Your data protection rights: Under these enhanced privacy regulations, certain rights are conferred on users. Although your jurisdiction may guarantee only a subset of these rights, or may have a narrower scope of which Personal Data is protected than others, our practice is to respect each of the following rights in all users:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format. To receive a copy, please send a request to email@example.com.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we have relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request pertaining to any of the above rights. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
If you are an eligible user of our web site located in the United States and you believe that we have not addressed a data privacy right that you possess, please notify us by email email@example.com
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
The Sites may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third party sites.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US